Tuesday, January 12, 2010

MALAYSIA IS MAKING ME FAT

BR (BASKIN ROBBIN)

  1. Seriously!! Malaysia is makin' me fat as the love of meat based dishes here like palm oil, coconut milk & fatty fritters/breads r some of the pitfalls of Malaysian cuisine...huhu I've tried not to adopt the Malaysian love of sweet sugary drinks and drink at least 8 glasses of water per day...and all these seem to be lasted for quite a time and a month after that, i've gone mad eating up anything that i've been craving for..haha
    After quite a month without eating rice (meant to be our staple food) and i ate a lot of bananas, apples and oats, i've been attacked by a malady which was gastric as the apple's acid had accumulated tremendously within my stomach...it was painful plus i've to go to work..(fortunately, i've lost 2 kgs .due to my diet .hehe my waistline dropped 2 inches)

    Then i wonder how can I enjoy the culture of eating out here & there while stil maintaining my waistline???
    I just figured the best diet to assist me...and i think these are some tips to be shared ..hehe

    HERE ARE SOME TIPS TO HELP:
  1. Choose plain rice instead of coconut rice (nasi lemak)/fried rice
  2. Choose plain breads instead of naann what so ever
  3. Avoid or limit intake of fried foods
  4. Go for tomato based sauces/curries eather than cream/coconut based sauces (santan/masak lemak)
  5. Choose dishes wit lots of vegetables
  6. eat a lot of fresh fruits
  7. limit intake of refined sugar & artificial sugar (aspartame-: tumor-inducing)
  8. Keep urself hydrated by drinking a lot of water and by this, u r less likely to over-eat
Those ice-blends from coffee shops like starbucks can be so tempting afternoon treat lol huhu
and fruit juices r often sweetened wit sugar syrup, so make sure u ask for freshly squeezed juice!!!
FOOD!! u r my necessity and my pleasure of life....I indeed need the fine balance of both~~
sometimes its ok to reward urself by heading out again to enjoy the glorious food Malaysia has to offer...wajib sgt bg saya...kalo x..nnti sdey huhuhu
btw...i love papadom!! sdp !


p/s: my formatting skali lg mcm ape ntah kt 1st paragrapgh tu.da byk kali tuka stil xbole2..fed up

1 comment:

  1. pleasure to indulge wonderful food is a sin to yourself...why toucher yourself when you can enjoy it...kih2:P

    ReplyDelete

DON'T BE HATEFUL, EVERYONE IS IMPERFECT

Related Posts with Thumbnails