BR (BASKIN ROBBIN)
- Seriously!! Malaysia is makin' me fat as the love of meat based dishes here like palm oil, coconut milk & fatty fritters/breads r some of the pitfalls of Malaysian cuisine...huhu I've tried not to adopt the Malaysian love of sweet sugary drinks and drink at least 8 glasses of water per day...and all these seem to be lasted for quite a time and a month after that, i've gone mad eating up anything that i've been craving for..haha
After quite a month without eating rice (meant to be our staple food) and i ate a lot of bananas, apples and oats, i've been attacked by a malady which was gastric as the apple's acid had accumulated tremendously within my stomach...it was painful plus i've to go to work..(fortunately, i've lost 2 kgs .due to my diet .hehe my waistline dropped 2 inches)
Then i wonder how can I enjoy the culture of eating out here & there while stil maintaining my waistline???
I just figured the best diet to assist me...and i think these are some tips to be shared ..hehe
HERE ARE SOME TIPS TO HELP:
- Choose plain rice instead of coconut rice (nasi lemak)/fried rice
- Choose plain breads instead of naann what so ever
- Avoid or limit intake of fried foods
- Go for tomato based sauces/curries eather than cream/coconut based sauces (santan/masak lemak)
- Choose dishes wit lots of vegetables
- eat a lot of fresh fruits
- limit intake of refined sugar & artificial sugar (aspartame-: tumor-inducing)
- Keep urself hydrated by drinking a lot of water and by this, u r less likely to over-eat
and fruit juices r often sweetened wit sugar syrup, so make sure u ask for freshly squeezed juice!!!
FOOD!! u r my necessity and my pleasure of life....I indeed need the fine balance of both~~
sometimes its ok to reward urself by heading out again to enjoy the glorious food Malaysia has to offer...wajib sgt bg saya...kalo x..nnti sdey huhuhu
btw...i love papadom!! sdp !
p/s: my formatting skali lg mcm ape ntah kt 1st paragrapgh tu.da byk kali tuka stil xbole2..fed up