Tuesday, June 29, 2010

My colleague's challenges, pleasure of living and studying in MALAYSIA (no. 5)

Moloto Thomas
from: Johannesburg, South Africa
Course: Economics and Management (3rd year)
Second trip to Malaysia




Why Malaysia, twice?
Well the 1st time was mainly because of the affordability. Everything here semmed cheap; the tuition fees, food etc. The 2nd time was because my friend Justin recommended that I come back here, mainly to get more experience in my work filed and stuff.

Let's talk bout culture shock. Were you shocked, so to speak, when you walked out thru the doors at the airport?
O yes! First of all, the weather.... the heat & humidity was way too much for me. And secondly, I thought the food is all fatty, everything is fried- the fried rice, the noodles and other local dishes. And thirdly, I couldn't get used to the way the Muslim women dress. It's totally different from how the women back home dress. Oh and I was also suprised to find that there are a lot more other Africans in Malaysia, mainly from Botswana and Nigeria.

What do you like about Malaysia so far?
There's really a lot to like about Malaysia. I like the fact that food and everything else here is cheap.

Did you face any challenges so far?
(Giggles) Getting girls has been a challenge. (Pulls serious face) And the traffic. The driving is really bad compared to Johannesburg.

What is your interest?
Well my only interest thus far are clubbing, soccer and of course, girls!

Your thoughts about Malaysia?
Its a great place and I would recommend it to anyone.


p/s: he had conquered Mount Dato' :)
Bravo Thomas




2 comments:

  1. waa bestnya ambik gambar ngan ikan..hehe

    ada award tuk anda..dtg ambik ye..jgn memalu.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. uisss... untungnya dapat jadi ikan.. hehehe

    ReplyDelete

DON'T BE HATEFUL, EVERYONE IS IMPERFECT

Related Posts with Thumbnails