Thursday, May 5, 2011

What do collagen do to you? Important message to all beauty concious people.!!!This is my personal experience.

I've been taking collagen drinks and powders since 2009 (when I was 19) and what I've developed is NOTHING!!!! mY EXPERIENCES as nutritionist and I am a Bio major working as scientist now. Stem cell also bring no effect unless you do it topically (put on stem tissues on affected area to treat skin issue). You should do live stem cell therapy instead to get the real positive change - quoted from a local anonymous Prof. in science. The effects are still questionable. 

Stem cells are used to treat cancer clinically just like this research https://clincancerres.aacrjournals.org/content/14/13/4085.full 

Okay back to collagen

What I've found collagen does not really help in smoothing your skin as it is naturally produced and is the most abundant protein in your body. So, external source of collagen does not really affect much onto your skin appearance as collagen is evenly distributed throughout your body. But on long term basis, it 'may' affect you skin appearance. So overproduced collagen in my body may had made my skin became softer yet I have no idea what had contributed to that. After quite a moment, I figured out that the collagen supplements which I had taken have other contributing ingredients to the production of my collagen. haha that's make sense right?

There are some customers complaint to me that collagen drink which they had taken for like 2-3 years ago do not work at all (when I was a nutritionist).
so! the thing is! collagen cream or pills/drinks do nothing to you!! so don't bother to buy them...!
however collagen in your production could be facilitated.
The basic truth about collagen is that you need to stimulate its own production naturally. This can occur by applying specific anti aging creams that contain certain natural substances that stimulate the production of collagen in your body like vitamin C. You do need the collagen protein to help remove the wrinkles, but it cannot be applied to your skin or ingested in the form of collagen pills. Becoming educated on how to restore the collagen and elastin proteins will save you from buying products that do not work.


SO!! Instead of taking vitamin C orally.. I've decided to buy vitamin c ampoules and i went to the local clinics to get it done. If u take at a clinic, the price range is abt rm 30- rm 50 per jab.This is also depends what kinda jab u wanna take.There are Vit C jab, Vit C + collagen and gluta for whitening.
I've bought my vitamin C+ COLLAGEN ampules from my friend who just got married at a great deal. She did this kin of jab before her wed and she still got several boxes and she decided to sell them to me.

I read at a malay forum, some of the forum members there had done it as well, they can see differences in their skin, less breakouts, smoother and softer and fairer skin(elbow, knee) and very rare sinus problem(for those who have serious cases of sinus). I thought I need this as my skin easily breakout whenever my period visiting. But not anymore. 


I've already used 1 ampoule.

I realized that over-dosage of vitamin C can cause crystallization of this vitamin C particles within your kidney and can cause kidney stone. And since Vitamin C is water soluble and easily being washed away, I drink a lot of water to dilute the effect.
Yes I know that there has been a lot of anti-vitamin C injection sentiment highlighted in the press because of a lot of abuse both by beauticians, doctors and totally unqualified people who are overselling vitamin C as the elixir ofyouth. The truth is that vitamin C is something which is essential for our body function in many ways
e.g:

*anti-oxidants to clean up free radicals,-h helps to mop up the free radicals generated by UV damage and henceprevent pigmentation caused by UV exposure. I'm taking this for a good cause and to boost up my immune system.

* supporting our immune system, aid wound healing, building collagen in skin


I think what I've tried was not wrong at all and I'll do it again if it benefiting me and my life. I took this supplements under a well-trained people prescription which is my dermatologist (my skin doctor). However, not every physician agree with this. Let the nature do the work. Just stay healthy naturally. 
Ministry of Health Malaysia does have one brand of injectable Vitamin C (my doc said) and she had convinced me it was not wrong at all.I realized that taking oral vitamin c supplement is not adequate as only approximately 8-11% will be absorbed into my body and the rest will be washed away. So, last time I've decided to jab it into my blood and to increase the efficiency of my vitamin c absorption. Hence facilitating good health of mine. Yeah right, just for temporary. 


p/s: if you have kidney problem or vitamin c allergies, you cannot take vit c injection!!
dan sape2 lg nk kulit n kesihatan baik...try a very good supplement which covering overall health mcm glutathione (the powerful antioxidant)- untuk kulit cantik n cerah semulajadi ..mak nyah ramai amik tuk cerahkan kulit! auww... mmg menarik! There is none magic pills utk cantik, bab kate kak nita, rahsia kecantikan adalah dengan berkat  ambil air wudu je hahahaha 

12 comments:

  1. Dear Ainil.....very well said. Thanks for sharing the info. Looking forward to hear a new info from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear mi littlewing
    you are very sensible
    and thanks for ur support.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there,

    am really interested in getting vitamin C jab. So, should I go to any dermatologist to get the jab? any botched case you heard so far?

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi

    what i've heard if you have sensitive skin you would develop allergies on the injection spot as multiple jabs maybe induce on it for 10 consecutive weeks. it depends on your skin tolerance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi,
    may i know where can i go for the jab? anywhere in petaling jaya. clinics / dermatologist that provide the same jab? pls advice..ive been looking for one. thank u so much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. dear renee, if you wish to take this kind of service you can visit any general clinic and ask for vit c jab which will cost u approximately rm300 for 10 ampules including weekly jab service. if u already bought the ampoules, you just have to pay rm15 for every single jab. all klinik mediviron do provide vitamin c injection. i dunno if they also provide collagen jab. u can consult any dermatologist like dr. nathan in bangsar.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ainil,

    I'm so glad that I've found your blog few days back. After reading your blog post, I finally had my first Vit C injection at Bangsar. It was at RM50/jab. Btw, I didn't ask the Dr about Vic + collagen or Vit C + glutathone. I was afraid I would be aksing something that may be illegal or somehting..lol So, anyway, I did noticed a few people selling Vit C, collagen and Glutathione ampules but how can I ensure that it's genuine and not fake? Would appreciate if you could clarify that, thank you dear :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. ic .. rm50 i think is quite overpriced for your case for single jab

    just ask ur doctor ... coz my doctor said nothing wrong taking any jab apart from vitamin c itself.
    yes recently, i realised that there are no such thing like vitamin c + collagen ampoules coz collagen molecule is so large to be mixed with vitamin c.
    you can purchase just vit. c ampoules from any clinic if u wish to do this kind of jab...
    don't buy it outside from clinic

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the tips Ainil,

    I went for my 2nd visit this week. This time a different doctor as I wanted to check on the costs, but reputable clinic. This time I bought 10ampoules for RM850(Roche)which the Dr said Vit C + Collagen? That's all he had so I bought it. I did asked him about Glutathone, but he recommended Titanic or something that sounded like that..lol what do you think of 1 ampoules for RM85? is that a good deal or am I being ripped off? (Although I know Roche brand is reliable)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ur welcome Sabreena

    Roche is one of the best brand in the market...another one is baye. However i'm not sure about that. i'll ask my
    friend regarding this.
    She is a beautician.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. do you or your relative that sold you vitamin c ampoules still have any packs available? I am in US and cannot find a reputable place to purchase from. please help! thanks for reading marlowe_35@hotmail.com

      Delete
  11. Hi ! Check out my FB: Gorgeously Flawless Solutions. I have what you all may need. Drop me an email at gorgeouslyflawless@gmail.com and I will send you a price list:)

    ReplyDelete

DON'T BE HATEFUL, EVERYONE IS IMPERFECT

Related Posts with Thumbnails